Saturday, January 26, 2013

Tailgate-n Big Sandwich

I made this a few weeks ago when my hubby went to his first ever Seahawks game.

He and 3 friends went to Seattle a few hours before the game to get in on the tailgate fun which was crazy!!! I dropped them off, and was sad to be leaving, all the people walking around in Seahawks gear, tossing around footballs, and grilling and eating AMAZING smelling food.

I couldn't let them show up empty handed - so in addition to beer and a couple bags of chips, I sent them with this ENORMOUS sandwich, which I am told was gone in a matter of a few minutes.





I took a loaf of french bread, and sliced it lengthwise and spread it with a healthy dose of mayo and mustard.

I layered on smoked turkey, black forest ham and cotto salami, along with sliced cheddar cheese, tomato, shredded lettuce and salt and pepper.

I sliced it into 8 pieces and wrapped it up tight!

I like to make a sandwich like this when we go on a picnic or to the lake - it's quick and easy, and everyone always loves it!!

Enjoy!!



~Candy

1 comment:

  1. That is seriously an awesome and impressive sandwich!

    ReplyDelete